Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11-3-10

11-1-10
Hey Mom and Dad,
I'm so glad you were able to have a fun little vacation with Grandma and Grandpa and you've put the fish to good use. The other week we helped a member in a wheel chair unload a raft engine from off his boat that he's living in. It was cool to see his boat and I had to climb down in his engine room for him too. It probably wasn't the same as the U.S.S. Midway tour, but it was fun. I'm pretty sure I don't use the missionary inflection, but it can be easy to fall into rote teaching or spouting out the principles and not really teaching the investigator. That might just be a visitor center thing.
I had a fun Halloween. They did a trunk or treat thing on Wednesday for mutual and we had a dinner party with the Taylors at another cool family's house. This was also a great week for missionary work. We were very blessed and were able to teach a lot. I don't think I've told you about my new companion yet. His name is Elder Williams from Blackfoot Idaho. He's a big time hunter, and he did rodeo and wrestling. He's served in South Anchorage and Wasilla like me, only he'd get there right as I left. He's a good hard worker and he's going to be a great companion. I don't have much else to say except Helen West's friend Valorie made it to church this Sunday with Helen. It was stake conference, which was interesting because it was broadcast up at Juneau. But I guess even back home they'd broadcast it to the other buildings. The church really is getting pretty big. Have a safe drive home and a great week. I'll be thinking about you all a lot these holidays.
Love,
Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment