Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanks so much Mom,
Your letter made me smile. And I guess I'm even grateful that it was fairly long. It sounds like Thanksgiving should be a blast. Mark's birthday especially. I'll try and send him a package today. I'll send it to your house.
Yesterday was a great Sunday, but really lame at the same time. Our new investigator Susan Nolte' came to church and really loved it and felt the Spirit strong and we're teaching her again tomorrow. Treasean also came to church with the Taylors and we taught him again afterward. But, when we took him to his house to talk to his Grandma about his baptism she told us it wouldn't work because they were moving to Prince of Whales today. Treasean didn't even know about it, so it's kinda sketchy. The Taylors even went over there and offered to have Treasean live with them to finish out the year and get baptized, but I don't think it's going to happen. So that was sad to hear. Hopefully the missionaries there can still keep working with him.
This morning Elder Williams and I hiked Deer Mountain. It was pretty cold. 22 degrees when we started and there was some snow on top, but still worth it. We also combed one of the beaches last week for lunch and that was pretty fun. I'll have a great Thanksgiving here. A couple families are having it at the church so we'll go there. Hopefully we'll have one or two investigators with us too. Bruce probably won't do much of anything in Armenia. That'd be hard.
Mom, I just want to thank you for the wonderful mother you were. Not only were you so loving, forgiving, and willing to do anything you could to help me succeed and learn new things, you also managed to teach me discipline, how to take care of myself, and to develop my own testimony. Dad has taught me these things also. As well as how to work hard, make the most of every moment, and appreciate the outdoors. Most of all, I'm grateful for both of your eternal love and concern for me. Kinda like Heavenly Father's.
Anyway, thanks for making it possible for me to be here right now on my mission. I could never have done it without you. Or without all of our family, really.
I'll be thinking of you as well. Happy Thanksgiving! Love
Elder Bryce Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment