Monday, November 23, 2009

11-23-09

First of all, business: I actually haven't even cashed Megan's check. I could have today, but I totally forgot. But I know how I want to spend it. Either some 360 earmuffs or a CD from the LDS bookstore here. I just got another Truman G. Madsen talk called House of God, The Blessings of the Temple. I'm way excited to listen to it. Maybe I'll wait a transfer when I can listen to it right before I go to the Anchorage Temple. Anyway I'll try and write her soon. The mail takes about 3 or 4 days I think. One extra day if it is sent to the office. Oh yeah, we got transfer calls Saturday morning and Elder Connors and I am staying for this transfer. It'll be a great transfer. We'll have Thanksgiving and Christmas. (We're going to like at least 5 families for Thanksgiving so I'll have to prepare to eat all that food) I won't need any boots, this winter at least. We are rarely outdoors anyway and we stay way warm. It's back up to 30 degrees today and it's only really snowed a lot twice so most the roads aren't ice :) (yes I was surprised you could make a smiley face dad!) I will send you my journals about my first baptism! and I got to baptize him! and I only had to do it once! (Oh, I did start sending you original journals again Mom, I got too lazy I guess to keep doing the carbon copies.) Elder Connors talked at the baptism and confirmed him on Sunday. He, Chyenne, also got the Aaronic Priesthood so he can now baptize his 8 year old daughter who we started teaching.
Thank you so much for your email of thanks to Bruce. It was very kind what you said about everyone and me. Every day I realize how grateful I am for my family and how much love we have for each other. Really the one thing that has been hard for me so far is not being in the presence of my family. But I feel of your prayers and I'll always remember your love. Speaking of. . . I love you all.
Elder Bryce Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment