Monday, January 24, 2011

1-23-11

Hey Mom (and Dad),
Yeah, I'm so lucky I get to stay again. Right now it's kinda slow, because our main progressing investigator is Vedrene, who is leaving this week. But it's really awesome because a lot of people are starting to hand out their Book of Mormon's, starting with the little kids. Like Jaden Taylor (7 yrs old) gave a Book of Mormon with her testimony to her old school aid the day after she got the Book of Mormon. I like that quote Dad said. That's why member missionaries works so well, because they already have that relationship built. Elder Williams and I were just talking about how the last couple Sunday's have been the most spiritual and the most we've ever paid attention, and part of it is because we know and care about the people speaking, and understand their intent and where they're coming from. Also, I'm sure that a lot of the people who reject us, especially tracting, comes from not knowing who we really are. In fact, the Edler's quorum lesson yesterday was Elder Uchtdorf's talk of Things that Matter Most. And it's our relationship with God, our family, our fellow men, and ourselves that matter most in this life. I've been thinking lately especially about my relationship with Heavenly Father. My thoughts were I know that He loves me. I just need to make sure that He knows that I love Him. And I can do that by the choices that I make and what I do with my time. That also includes if I act on the impressions that He gives me through the Holy Ghost. So, I'm going to try to listen more carefully for things I feel directed to do, and then be willing to do it.
That's what I learned this week. I've been feeling crummy with a cold or something all week, and it just humbled me a little bit and got me thinking. I finally asked for a blessing yesterday so I'm starting to feel better. I actually gotta go soon. There's a lady that needs some help. I love you Mom and Dad, have a great week.
Elder Bryce Wainwright

PS- "Stay safe and be smart" isn't what I was thinking when you said we're covered again with Dad's insurance ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment