Monday, February 22, 2010

New Area

So my new companion is Elder Simmons. I like him a lot, he's from Boise Idaho basically, he's kinda quiet like me, he loves outdoors and dirtbikes, and he's a great teacher of the gospel. This area is a little harder because the houses are so spread out here, but we taught a new investigator at a members' home for family home evening so that was a great way to start out the week. Except that night Elder Simmons got the 24 hour flu or something and we had to stay in the apartment the next day. At least I was able to finish the Book of Mormon and Pearl of Great Price. Our area is right in the middle of Palmer and Wasilla so we're in both towns. Our apartment is huge. There used to be 4 elders so there's 2 bedrooms(we only use one for the walk in closet that I get) and it's 2 stories with 1 and 1/2 bathrooms. This shower actually has pressure too! There's some great members in the ward. I'm so surprised how many people know where St. George is or have been there. Like one guy is related to the Ence's if you know any of them. Oh and yeah it's Sean Stoker who's coming here in March. I didn't know him way well but that'll be cool to see him. I actually might not since I'm not in Anchorage anymore and I don't think I'll be able to go to the temple up here. So Dad, the Elder Smith you told me to look out for was my last companion.(I think I forgot to tell you that) That's sweet there's an ice rink there. We're going to try and find someone with some skates we can steal and go skating.
Anyway, that is crazy to hear your putting the house up for sale and everything, but I'm glad your trying to follow the Prophet's counsel and I know you'll be blessed for it. I definitely know we're tried when we are doing what's right. I'm glad my room is a good memory for you:) It's gotten up to 50 degrees up here! We're just wearing our suit coats. I better be telling you guys to stay warm it sounds like. Well, I'll definitely pray for you all and, stay warm.
Love,
Bryce

PS my address is:

7850 Duchess A5
Palmer, AK
99645

No comments:

Post a Comment