Monday, June 28, 2010

Short letters

Hey Mom,

I bet I can write a shorter letter. I'll try not to, even though I am running a bit late. It was my fault that I am. I slept in the past two days. Unintentionally, but I have had a weird soar throat so I don't feel too terrible about it. Anyway, unimportant things. So, I really like my new companion Elder Stokes. He's from Colorado Springs, Colorado and he's actually lived up here before his mission on the air force bases. In his last area he ran into some of his old friends. That would be so weird for me. He's really tall, 6'3", and he doesn't talk much. Already I feel like we're good friends. I think he just takes a while to open up to people, kinda like me. He's willing to work hard, but we've been struggling to find work. We haven't quite on our current investigators, but they're not progressing right now either.
A cool thing that happened was an investigator who moved to Texas found our number and called us up to thank us for teaching her. We didn't think anything had come of it, but she said as soon as she gets settled in a house she's going to look up the missionaries down there and she wants to get baptized. It was great for me and Elder Simmons to hear that before he left. Sometimes we'll never get to see the results of our faith and efforts, but it's sure a blessing to see how the Lord takes care of His sheep.
I'm glad your knee is feeling better Mom. I didn't realize you were still wearing a brace. Wow, Gary is really starting Kindergarten! He's so old. I bet he's ready too. I better write him a quick letter. Can you read it to him?

Dear Gary,
I miss you so much! Thank you for writing me letters. Are you excited to go to Kindergarten and meet some new friends? I remember when I went to kindergarten I was a little scared, but I had so much fun. I had my brother Bruce to go with me too. If you just do something nice or say hi to someone they will probably want to be your friend. I love you Gary. Give Grandma and Grandpa a big hug for me, OK? See you later,
Love Uncle Brycey

Love you too Mom, keep sharing your great insights.

Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment