Friday, August 12, 2011

8-8-11

Hey Mom,
Maybe I'll have to do some more birthday shopping. Dad's birthday is coming up too. I didn't realize I got some money. Thank you Grandma Snow, Grandpa & Grandma Wainwright and Aunt Janet. I bought a cool cd of Jenny Oaks Baker- "Serenade" in Anchorage. Oh yeah, so last week I got called on Tuesday that I was invited to go to the temple in Anchorage with my Zone Leaders and Elder Fryer. I had asked President Beesley if I could go to the temple sometime before I go home and he suggested carpool during the Zone Leaders' meeting. It ended up that I went with all the Zone Leaders and President Beesley at 5am. I was so happy. It was a neat drive, and good to be in the temple again. It was about a 6 hour drive there. In Denali we stopped at a gift shop and I got to talk to the girl who just got baptized there who I taught once.
We had planned to have 2 lessons with Shelby but she wasn't feeling well for the second one, but she should still have been studying so I'm excited to see how that went tomorrow. We only taught one other investigator all week, but I think if we can stay more focused and work hard, we'll have a good starting point for next transfer. Next week is already transfers and we have no idea what will happen. What's nice though, is we get called Saturday night again, and we'll still have p-day on Monday and transfers Tuesday.
So this week is the fair, and we're about to go over with some of the missionaries. It'll be pretty neat.
I can't believe Crystal is already having her baby. That's way exciting. I'm sure you'll remember, but pictures would be cool. And I'm glad Bruce has a nice place.
Anyway, hope things go well this week. Let me know how Grandma is doing. The time is just flying by. Bruce said to let you know when I'm coming home. It should be Wednesday the 28th of Sept. I think they send you the info about 6 weeks before.
I love you Mom and Dad. I'll talk to you soon.
Elder Bryce Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment